In a concerted effort to reduce drunk driving Chicago DUI Lawyer Matt Fakhoury tells, all states and most local counties have imposed strict laws against driving while intoxicated (DUI). Chicago and its surrounding suburbs are no exception.
- Chicago DUI Lawyer Matt Fakhoury says if you are arrested and charged with driving under the influence (DUI), 625 ILCS 5/11-501, the consequences can be severe; you may lose your driver’s license, pay heavy fines, have your vehicle impounded and even receive a jail or prison sentence. DUI convictions remain on your permanent criminal record and as a result, may interfere with your livelihood, causing you to lose your job or hinder future employment opportunities. With such high stakes, it is crucial that you contact a qualified DUI defense attorney as soon as you are arrested for driving while intoxicated.
- Chicago DUI Lawyer Matt Fakhoury understands the anxiety and fear one feels after being arrested for drunk driving:
- We understand the police used the initial traffic stop as an excuse to pull you over.
- We understand that the officer began asking you questions and watched for signs of intoxication.
- We understand that you felt pressured to do the Field Sobriety Testing and even the Chemical or Breath Testing.
- Matt Fakhoury, a former DUI Prosecutor, has thorough understanding of sobriety tests and police protocol which can be part of an effective defense against the DUI charges you face. During our initial consultation with you, we will determine if there was police error, field sobriety test errors, inaccuracies, failure to follow proper protocol or administrative errors which may prove your innocence or lead to the dismissal of charges by the prosecution.
- After a DUI arrest, not only are you faced with State prosecution, but your driver’s license will also be suspended. It is critical to file a Petition to Rescind the suspension soon after the arrest in order to regain your driving privileges. The Law Offices of M. Fakhoury will fight the DUI case and attempt to reinstate your license.
- DUI cases are complex and the laws which govern them vary dramatically depending upon the state or municipality in which the charges are filed.
Chicago DUI Lawyer Matt Fakhoury is a former DUI prosecutor and is well-versed in all local and statewide DUI regulations. As a prosecutor he worked hand in hand with police departments on charging people with DUI and tried hundreds of DUI cases. If you’ve been arrested for DUI, contact our law firm today to speak with an attorney who will fight on your behalf. Matt Fakhoury defends clients charged with DUI in all areas of Cook County – Chicago (1st Municipal District), Skokie (2nd Municipal District), Rolling Meadows (3Rd Municipal District), Maywood (4th Municipal District), Bridgeview (5th Municipal District), and Markham (6th Municipal District) – Contact Chicago DUI Lawyer Matt Fakhoury now to schedule a free case review.